The Only Conservative Republican With a Proven Track Record of Representing Taxpayers
- Founded North West Property Owners Alliance to give Kootenai County property owners a collective voice in government. NWPOA mission is two fold focused upon conservative principles regarding property and privacy rights.
- Bob embraces strong conservative based principles for limited government, low taxes and a less intrusive government.
- Bob reviewed and published the budgets of all 7 elected county offices for the last 10 years.
- Bob reviewed and published the budget activity of several taxing districts. Wonder why your taxes keep going up?
- Bob fought hard against the ULUC preventing the doubling of regulations upon rural property owners that radical environmentalists strongly supported.
- Bob fought against the County Manager initiative.
- Bob has been invited by citizens to conduct town halls within local communities over the last 3.5 years on topics such as: the Unified Land Use Code and Comprehensive Plan, Property Rights, the U.N. Climate Change Treaty, Cyber-Privacy and Security, and other topics.
- Bob is the ONLY candidate pledging 21 points that will make your county government more accountable and transparent to citizens. Bob doesn’t plan to raise your taxes, if for some unforeseen reason he did, he has promised to cut his own salary by the same amount.
- Bob is against the climate “globalization” efforts by our current and past presidents, that will undermine our U.S. Constitution and dramatically impact state and local laws. We do not need a global tax of any kind, let alone a global or national carbon tax. Nor should America’s local land use laws be dictated by United Nations “save the planet” plans and treaties. (post 2015 global agenda 2030 global agenda)
- Bob is a strong advocate for Idaho stopping (creating laws and penalties) most all of the data collection being done by government and private companies without the permission of Idaho’s citizens. Bob supports a law requiring any company collecting any data on any Idaho citizen, to annually notify each person, on what they are collecting and who it is being sold to or that company would be prohibited from doing any business in Idaho. Identity theft is a major problem and our leaders are doing noting about it. Bob will push our state representatives and governor for new reforms to protect citizens.
- Bob has proven his dedication in representing Kootenai County citizens and he has accomplished a lot on behalf of citizens over the last 3.5 years, all while never earning a dime.
Vote for Bob – BECAUSE RESULTS MATTER
Would you like to watch the Republican Primary candidate forum held at the Candlelight Christian Fellowship?
Just click the image to the right. It begins with the sheriff candidates up to about 29:30 into the video, then the BOCC candidates begin. The overall length is about 2 1/4 hrs. Make sure you have your sound turned on.
Better Management & Vision
The disconnect with county leadership and citizens has been amazingly wide. Your next county commissioners have to understand the failures of the past and know how to manage the various processes leading to successful decisions or we are destine to repeat similar failures again. In recent years this citizen disconnect has showed up in several significant areas:Read more
1) the ULUC debacle, (wasted $350,000 of taxpayer money, and thousands of man-hours)
2) the county wide impact fee program debacle, (it was set up wrong and not being done according to law)
3) the way out of balance county comprehensive plan, (the rural property owners were very upset that they were not made aware of what was being done)
4) the county manager initiative, (to think citizens would desire another layer of government between them and the BOCC and not want to vote for 4 currently elected offices was sad)
5) several filed attempts to go first class ($$$) in building a whole new jail or privatizing the jail,
6) the Silverwood area development mêlée,
7) hostile terminations of certain county employees for apparent inter-personal reasons, resulting lawsuits and severance payouts.
8) no Board of Commissioners has cared to reduce the regulative burden upon rural property owners. They run as conservatives, then rule like typical liberal bureaucrats.
9) it is disheartening that many of the top largest county employers are taxing districts. Every year county leadership grows government entities and fails to help grow local new businesses or attract new ones.
Vote for Bob – BECAUSE RESULTS MATTER
Bob Bingham Seeks Kootenai County Commissioner District 3 Seat
Bob Bingham, local advocate for property owners and founder of North West Property Owners Alliance, announces his intention to seek the office currently held by fellow Republican Dan Green.
Launched into community service when a concerned neighbor called him in 2012 about the proposed ULUC Code, Bingham united citizens together by founding NWPOA.ORG. Under a common banner, a broad coalition of citizens from all walks of life and from several political persuasions catalyzed together with the common goals of protecting property and privacy rights.
“It has been very humbling to me that over the last 3-4 years people from communities all around Kootenai and Bonner counties have invited me to speak on topics related to property and privacy rights and to represent their collective interests before elected officials. If elected, I pledge to continue working with and representing the interests of citizens.”
Bob is dedicated to the spirit of our U.S. Constitution, the application of conservative principles, a desire for a nimble and transparent government that is accountable to, and properly serves, its citizens.
PROVEN LEADERSHIP * EFFECTIVE * LOYAL ADVOCATE * TESTED * EXPEREINCED
Bingham spent two decades working in the power industry, serving as plant manager of a 600 mega-watt, $300 million power generation facility, personally responsible for staff and annual budget of $33 million dollars. He spent another decade working as a commercial and residential general contractor. Bingham also obtained his credentials as a certified code inspector in the 1980s.
If elected, he plans to work with staff, other agencies, and elected officials to make our county government vastly more transparent. Applying research-based data and seeking consensus to solve several long range facility planning needs such as the need for our county jail expansion. Bingham plans to explore new ways to stimulate economic growth (business) and believes this is an underutilized tool in meeting the needs of county services without burdening property owners with higher taxes.
Bob and his wife, Paige, married 35 years, reside in the Athol/Bayview area. They have one adult child, Elisabeth, who lives in Hayden.
Bob Bingham in Action, Standing Tall for the Rights of Citizens
Bob is not running to be everything to everyone and he is not going to water down who he is, what he has done or what he will do if elected. You have a right to know and Bob is providing you with all the evidence he can of where he stands. Bob has FAR MORE personal and political information on this website than any other candidate has on their website.
“Once convicted of a crime and sent to prison, nearly every need (food, housing, protection, medical, entertainment, etc) is provided for the convict without cost, every need that is but “freedom”. Keep this in mind, for if our government “protects” us any more, there will be little difference between the convict in prison and the man outside of it, except the man outside will be paying taxes. The absence of walls alone does not signify we are free.” – Bob Bingham, NWPOA Founder
Every candidate that runs for any local office has the opportunity to demonstrate prior civic involvement by providing examples of written and oral public testimony to show where they stand on local issues. Yet, time and time again voters are asked to vote for someone with no political history. Bob is a different kind of candidate, one with an established track record. Read more Bob stood up front fighting and representing property owners when the Kootenai County ULUC was being pushed upon rural property owners. Bob has a track record of writing position papers on behalf of property owners. Bob actually takes the time to read the big regulative documents, examine budgets and our property tax burdens. Over the last 4-years Bob has been very active politically without any salary, benefits, or government title, representing citizens because it was the right thing to do.
Why is it now only with the hope of a salary, title and benefits and nothing but words other candidates seek your vote?
In this 2016 general election, there is only one Republican running for Kootenai County Commissioner District #3 and Bob is unabashedly a “conservative” Republican. Lets get to the meat of it with some clear examples of results, because results matter.
Bob was interviewed (about 1/2 way in article) for organizing NWPOA and property owners in The New American, a national publication; “Victory (Temporarily) in Round 1 for Property Rights in Kootenai County, Idaho”
City Based Urban Renewal projects impact property taxes of all county property owners, city and rural. Bob submitted 2 documents for a 2015 Special Legislative Committee that was tasked to review URD law and practice. Submittal #1 Submittal #2
Bob wrote several position papers adopted by the NWPOA board to represent conservative property owner values and to reveal how radical environmentalists were pushing excessive regulations into our ordinances.
Bob (who BTW does not have a degree, let alone a law degree) was able to prove that the Kootenai County Impact Fee program was not following Idaho Law. His research into the law and the way the various taxing district programs were being run, was the deciding factor in shutting down the Kootenai County Impact Fee program and refunding the monies before any collected money was spent. These legal issues escaped the various taxing district lawyers, county lawyer and the hired consultant. The various taxing districts would have lost in court and taxpayers would have had to foot the bill if the various districts had spent any of the collected monies.
Position paper against the ULUC. The Unified Land Use Code would have effectively doubled the regulations upon rural KC property owners. Bob was making comments to the technical committee and to the then Board of County Commissioners from the first meeting he attended. Our leaders would not listen and kept moving forward with the consultant KendigKeast. The ULUC was nothing but radical environmentalism upon the good rural people of Kootenai County. Rural property owners joined NWPOA and showed up by the hundreds to get it shut down.
Measuring your degree of environmentalism. Are you a little “e” environmentalist or a radical?
Position paper on the Kootenai County Comprehensive Plan espousing that it does not represent rural values, was done without real rural property owner input and it needs to be rewritten. Since the formation of the Comp Plan and Bob’s review, the state codes have changed adding new components that must be considered in a comprehensive plan.
Position paper on shoreline protection and the weak logic uttered by the radical environmental crowd.
Letter to Kootenai County City mayors asking them to make considerations for property owners within “Areas of City Impact” (ACI’s). City governments should be planning accurately for growth, but not taking massive swipes just because they can. When rural property owners are included in ACI boundaries, they become subject to additional regulative considerations. Good planning is useful, but accuracy in setting reasonable ACI boundaries is required.
Letter to EPA regarding the forced upgrade and expansion of the Hayden/Post Falls/Cda sewer treatment plants (resulting in 2-3 times higher sewer rates over the next several years) asking the EPA to reconsider other options. What many people are not aware of, is Washington State drove Idaho to meet a very high municipal point discharge standard they do not meet. And Washington state is currently seeking to lay claim of a MASSIVE water right for their side, basically taking much of North Idaho’s water.
Jail Expansion. Bob supports expanding the jail and put together 2 papers of data and information for discussion regarding meeting that need. These are informational and would require further discussions with the Fair board and Sheriff’s office. Jail Paper #1 Jail Paper #2
Are you frustrated that political candidates just all of a sudden show up never having done much of anything to represent citizens ….
…. and then ask for your vote??
Sadly many candidates only begin caring about citizens “if” taxpayers begin paying them a salary and benefits.
Other papers Bob has authored …
Topic Paper on wild fire preparations for rural property owners. FYI, it is Bob’s opinion that every rural property owner should consider removing timber (selective harvest) on their lands. Bob just logged his property. Bob can connect you with reputable people who will do a good job and help you earn money before your timber is to severely damaged by lack of rain, insects and root rot.
Topic paper that Bob wrote on snow loading on your roof and when to shovel. Also how to clear flat roofs of snow. These were made in conjunction with a Snowscoop manufacturing facility in Liberty Lake.
Is regional (Spokane) global warming occurring? Several years ago, Bob acquired all the temperature data for Spokane for the prior 130 years and asked 12 questions (not just one) to determine if “regional warming” was occurring. Good science never asks one question, its asks many. In this amateur review, the resulting overall answer to 12 questions about the actual Spokane regional data determined our area is not getting hotter, but there are slight indications it is not as cold as it has been. Based on his amateur review of available information Bob has made the following conclusions with respect to climate change: (1) That global and regional temperatures fluctuate over time, its normal and mostly caused by the influences of solar sun activity, and there is NO solid evidence it is caused by human activity. (2) That carbon dioxide has little to do with climate change, (3) because 70% of the earth is covered in water, that is a massive sync to any temperature change other than solar sun, (4) that climate science has been corrupted to bring in global governance, which Bob sees as very detrimental to America’s sovereignty. President Obama said the number one security threat to America is “climate change?” Now we know why our president is not securing our borders, because in his wisdom the greater threat is a gas all living creatures exhale and its called carbon dioxide.
Handy pamphlet on the national debt. This is made to be cut and stapled together to form a little pamphlet about the seriousness of our national debt. Print out in color on #28lb or heavier paper, printing on both sides, cut down the horizontal line, assemble according to the page numbers, then fold in the middle and add 2 staples in the center of the fold. Bob created these and passed them out at various town hall meetings. (note-there ends up being one extra cover, that you can discard)
Bob created a Cyber-Privacy and Security pamphlet and conducted cyber-security town hall meetings to help citizens be better aware and protected against cyber threats. You can obtain a copy from NWPOA.ORG
Bob created pocket Liberty Guides consisting of the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution and quotes from our Founding Fathers that were made available to citizens attending various NWPOA functions. These liberty guides were meant to stimulate the importance of the principles that our nation was built upon. You can obtain a copy from NWPOA.
more coming soon!
Paid for by bob4idaho, Paige Bingham- Treasurer